Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Don’t Rain (Or Sleet) on Our Parade!



I could just strangle the weatherman right now. This is not at all what we ordered.  Being wet is unpleasant.  Being cold is miserable. But does it get any worse than wet AND cold?!  In fact, it does!  Try wet and cold in a stretch-velour mini-dress!  
Judging by the look of that weather map for 4pm Thursday, there aren’t enough places on our bodies to apply BodiHeat patches!  Once the snickering and laughter died down at the office, a coworker was kind enough to offer some tips on staying warm/dry:  (1) wear a big garbage between under layers and costume.  (2) Line inside of costume with layers of newspaper which, according to my tipster, is a good insulator.  I am left wondering if said tipster has spent some time sleeping on a park bench!  At the very least, we’re adding another pant layer, fashion be damned!
On a less whiny note, I found the most fabulous video online of Who Dats doing their celebrating along Magazine St.  We just love this!  A victory dance New Orleans style!


No comments:

Post a Comment