Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shoe DAT!



We’re all stocked with your garden-variety throw beads and have ordered our KRE signature throws.  Now it’s “shoe dat” time - transforming sad, abandoned shoes into trophy throws of the blue suede, glitter shoe variety.   Here are the shoes at the “blue dat” (spray paint) stage before applying blue puff paint which makes them look a little more like suede.
There is still 1 pair that I couldn’t quite bring myself to sacrifice with blue spray paint, at least not just yet - a gorgeous pair of silver Bruno Magli’s donated to the cause by my mother.  We paid our respects and held a moment of silence for them.  Sadly, they were too small for my feet and too tall for my comfort.  (I know this because I took them out of their little, cardboard casket and tried them on during the visitation.  Was that wrong?)  They looked almost new...so tragic that they were not well worn and never lived up to their full potential.  Perhaps I will find the courage to paint them after some of these other shoes have been reincarnated into glorious trophy throws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment